Friday, September 23, 2011

Home sweet home...

I have gotten a couple of chuckles from people when they've said things like, "It's not safe to stay there," or, "You wouldn't want to live in a place like that."
Really, I'd rather live humbly. When I am humbled, there I find the most joy...like when I lived in this house for a week:

I miss it there. I miss the dogs that lived on the roof that barked every time Liz and I went up those stairs on the right...and the little kittens and their mom on the stairs to meet me each morning. I miss the many nights of just talking with our family, sitting and watching TV with them, and the many nice breakfasts we had with them, complete with mora and cheese on toast. I even miss that rooster with an obnoxious crow that would stand right outside our bedroom window.

And of course I could never forget locking our keys in our room and resorting to getting them out with a long tube with wire on the end of it...as well as the "burgular" outside of mine and Liz's room.

So many memories with these people...

No comments:

Post a Comment