Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Suffering

Psalm 34:18:

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.


Today I'm thanking the Lord for this promise.

It's another day I am feeling I have nothing and no one, but I know it's just the pain inside that's obscuring everything.

Often, I haven't wanted to wake up in the morning to face the day.

And when I have, a lot of the time I can feel so much depression, that all I feel I can do is sit and cry, and pray for it to cease.

I thank God that He has given me self-control so that my thoughts are guarded against thinking He doesn't love me, and that I want to die. Also, He has helped me in my actions not to turn to sinful means to relieve this pain.

Overall, in this time of desperation for me, I've learned it is when I am blessed the most...because I can cry out to God in my pain, and He will draw near to me....



No comments:

Post a Comment