Sunday, June 17, 2012

"What is Foolish in the World"

The chapters of my life have been unfolding into a wonderful story.
It has been like a book, that I've come to read in the middle of it...not picking up the context it's in, and none of the unfolding events were making much sense to me. Gradually I've been able to flip back some pages, and those first pages have brought to light some of what I've already read....they've given me some "Aha!" moments.
There are so many things that could come of some of the later pages, but what I've read already has kept getting more and more exciting.

Never would I have thought to be at the place in life I am now, years ago as a depressed, lonely, self-loathing, suicidal, filthy-mouthed rebel.

It is to the point that if anyone were to get a true look of my life, they couldn't deny God was the one who brought me through each situation, and is continuing to work His will in my life in every area.

How undeserving I am of this!

 For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,  so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

1 Corinthians 1:26-29




No comments:

Post a Comment